Ribbon Cores and chips for DC3

Listings of used and surplus equipment, software, etc. for sale/trade/buy.
stickem

Ribbon Cores and chips for DC3

Post by stickem » Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 am

Hello,
Does any one want to sell their ribbon cores and chips for the summa DC3, or just the cores it self .please call me 619-507-3777 thanks
also the cores that i am looking for are the ones that fit the ribbon cartriges or it doesnt really matter.

Ruddbow

cores

Post by Ruddbow » Thu May 15, 2008 8:12 am

Did you come up with a system to re-load. Inquiring minds want to know...
Summa S75, DC3+ Hobby signmaker.

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 am

with out a way to reset the chips...it's a waste of time.

:D

Chimuka

Re: Ribbon Cores and chips for DC3

Post by Chimuka » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Muts,

What do you have there. Are those ribbons that do not work for you? I have been toss-in those chips out. I have only a Magenta and a yellow DC4 chip currently. I bought some ribbons on ebay that someone was closing out. My DC1 can use any dc1,2,3,4 ribbon... No chip!

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:59 pm

My DC1 can use any dc1,2,3,4 ribbon... No chip!
whoa! I didn't know that...I kinda wish they went a different way instead if the chip...

That is a box of spent ribbons & chips I was was saving to goof around with but after
a little digging about I found there is no real solution..other then buying from summa "stickum" bought the whole box...

Never heard back from him.

stickem

Post by stickem » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:23 am

Hello,
Sorry it took so long, with work and all the tryouts, finally i got it to work,some what.
if you have any cores or chips of any dc3 or dc4 that are empty, i will buy them from you dont throw them away, you might want to try them out with a third party ribbon wich has worked for me. yes i will buy them and pay for shipping, one day you will want to try them out yourself,also printheads are very inexpensive, i know who makes them.
one day at a time,but surely moving foward.....
thanks
619-507-3777

stickem

Post by stickem » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 pm

here i am again, i tried several ribbon companies, and havent found the right one yet..
the chip is not the problem, the slitting of ribbons,is not a problem, the rewinding is not the problem, the problem im having is not finding a ribbon close enough to summa's. i would hate to send everyone to every manufacturer i have tried just for one specific color, i need help findind the makers of the ribbons. also do not , i mean do not!!!!upgrade your firmware summa is making harder to if you do so. keep your latest firmware.
if any one out their know what brand has worked for them and would like to share the info, i will be glad to slitt and rewind the ribbon as long as you know that brand is pretty close to summa's. also dont through away any cores or chip. please, be patient.
619-507-3777

SIGN-RAVEN

Post by SIGN-RAVEN » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am

stickem wrote:Hello,
Sorry it took so long, with work and all the tryouts, finally i got it to work,some what.
if you have any cores or chips of any dc3 or dc4 that are empty, i will buy them from you dont throw them away, you might want to try them out with a third party ribbon wich has worked for me. yes i will buy them and pay for shipping, one day you will want to try them out yourself,also printheads are very inexpensive, i know who makes them.
one day at a time,but surely moving foward.....
thanks
619-507-3777
(printheads are very inexpensive????) WHERE? I NEED A PRINTHEAD FOR A SUMMA DC3. SUMMA WANTS $1600.00 I'D SURE LIKE TO FIND ONE CHEAPER (616) 916-6218 CALL ME!

Jamelson

Post by Jamelson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:37 pm

I have found that Watson Label Products make a great resin ribbon. Runs at a lower density to, so your looking at faster printing. Their core fit right over the Summa's plastic core. I usually just wrap a rubber band to keep it snug. They will send you free sample at http://www.wlp.com/eribbon/freesamples.asp . Make sure you choose the CSI, Coated Side In. The DC-400, super premium resin, works perfect.

For Vinyl I use: PSA 3.5 mil Premium Gloss White Vinyl – Clear Permanent Adhesive
It water slides, and ribbons do well with it. For only $154.95 for a 54"x150' roll.

http://www.bciimage.com/shop/psa-3-5-mi ... oCgCnw_wcB

I need help with the chips. Been looking for a DS1982U#F3 iButton duplicator, but not getting any help from the suppliers. Does anyone know a device that will or have another way to bypass the chip ordeal.
Attachments
TOUGHMUDDER-SHIELDS.jpg
TOUGHMUDDER-SHIELDS.jpg (18.8 KiB) Viewed 5890 times
Medieval-Times-Shield.jpg
Medieval-Times-Shield.jpg (57.56 KiB) Viewed 5890 times
21" x 38"
21" x 38"
LG-MA-ARMY-SHIELD.jpg (31.87 KiB) Viewed 5890 times
Shields being printed.
Shields being printed.
Shield-Prints.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 5890 times