Summa DC4 54" For Sale -Low Hours

Listings of used and surplus equipment, software, etc. for sale/trade/buy.
Jengel

Summa DC4 54" For Sale -Low Hours

Post by Jengel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:00 pm

I know most of you in this forum are familiar with the DC4 but for those who are not...

This printer sells new for just under $20k. You can pick it up from me for $9000 with very low hours. I am attending college, have a full time job, and 3 little mouths to feed so unfortunately I do not have the time to dedicate to my business and most of all I need the cash. It has been a profitable machine, especially for decals that need white ink on clear vinyl.
Perhaps the thing I love most about it is there is no ink to mess with which means no clogged lines, nozzles, or print heads. I can go a month without using it and fire it right up and it is ready to go. Try doing that with a inkjet printer.
Also, the thermal ribbon technology creates a very durable print which means for most cases I don't need to laminate. This feature combined with the ability to print and contour cut the decal means you don't have unload it from the printer, load it on the laminator, then unload it from the laminator and load it onto the cutter like you would with almost every other printer. It essentially does the job of three machines. Good luck trying to buy a 54" laminator, 54" Summa cutter (if you have ever owned a Summa cutter you know the cuts are Dead-On), and a 54" printer all for under $10k.

I will crate and ship if you would like.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jaron - 480-390-7192

Quite simply,
the best thermal printer on planet Earth.

In the world of thermal transfer printing technology, Summa DC4 reigns supreme. In fact, no other thermal transfer printer even comes close.

At 54 inches (137 cm), it’s the world’s widest thermal transfer printer and over four times the width of its nearest competitor. An eight station ribbon-changer eliminates manual ribbon changes, allowing unattended printing of up to 625 square feet (58 m²). Variable width vinyl handling makes it the most versatile printer in its class. Choose from a host of special print-modes, like High Resolution for great-looking photos, or Double Density for back-lit images that are ultra-rich. Plus, built-in cutting means you can produce custom labels and contour cut graphics up to 50.2 inches (127.5 cm) wide on 50 yard (45 meter) media.

Summa DC4 is a complete wide format print-and-cut system. It includes the super-fast ColorControl RIP + Cut software, power take-up rollers, 8 universal ribbon cassettes, the remainder of my CMYK + white and ScratchGuard ribbons, and the rest of my 24inch 3m clear and 54" MacTac Bubble free vinyl. Just plug the DC4 into a computer and get ready for some serious outdoor graphics production.

Visit http://www.summausa.com/downloads/dc4.pdf for more information.
Specifications Summa DC4
Width 54" (140 cm)
Speed Printing (standard mode):
93 Ft2/hour (8.7 m2) — Spot;
34 Ft2/hour (3.2 m2) — Process CMY
Printing (high-resolution mode):
67 Ft2/hour (6.2 m2) — Spot;
25 Ft2/hour (2.3 m2) — Process CMY
Printing (double-density mode):
58 Ft2/hour (5.4 m2) — Spot;
22 Ft2/hour (2.0 m2) — Process CMY
Cutting:
24 inches-per-second (600 mm/sec) max
Method Printing:
Thermal transfer, using outdoor-durable process and/or spot color resin ribbons, and; metallic gold and silver polyester ribbons (indoor use)
Cutting:
Drag-knife, using standard Summa D-Series blades
Resolution Printing:
609 x 304 dpi (24 x 12 dpmm) maximum hardware;
609 x 609 apparent dpi (24 x 24 dpmm) software
Cutting:
0.001" (0.025 mm), 0.005" (0.1 mm) selectable
Media width Variable width from 24 - 54 inches (61cm - 137cm); Recommended widths: 24, 36 or 54 inches (61, 76 or 137 cm)
Production width Printing:
Up to 50.2 inches wide (127.5 cm)
Cutting:
Up to 50.2 inches wide (127.5 cm)
Media loading Auto alignment system built-in
Media drive Summa OptiTrac™ active-steering drive using variable-position traction-feed pinch rollers
Media tracking Optical laser tracking system built-in
Media supply Motorized media supply and take-up rollers built-in
Memory RAM (cache):
64 MB
Hard disk (reprint storage):
2 GB
Interface USB 2.0 and Centronics parallel
Baud rate USB 2.0: (1.5Mbps & 12Mbps);
Parallel: up to 38,400 baud
File support EPS, PDF and all generic PostScript
Power requirements Connection: standard USA power outlet;
Requirement: 100-240 Vac, 48-62 Hz, 85 VA max
Operation environment 60°F to 90°F (15°C to 32°C), 35% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
Dimensions Shipping:
100.8" x 35" x 63" (256 x 88 x 160 cm);
Equipment:
90.6" x 24.8" x 51.2" (230 x 63 x 130 cm)
Weight Shipping:
800 Lbs (360 kg);
Equipment:
550 Lbs (250 kg)
Warranty (USA) Printer:
1 year parts and labor limited warranty
Up to 5 years, outdoors, without lamination; restrictions may apply for desert areas or exposure to harsh chemicals or abrasives.
Support policy (USA) Unlimited toll-free technical support for the life of the equipment (transferable)
Accessories included ColorControl RIP + Cut software
Print & Cut plug-in for CorelDRAW 10 thru X3 and Illustrator CS and CS2
Universal SmartRibbon cassettes (8)
Media roll-end flanges (4)
OptiPrint cleaning roller
Power cord (grounded 110v)
USB cable (15 foot)
Summa DC4, Jaguar 24 inch cutter, Corel X3, Illustrator CS2, Macromedia Fireworks

BinaD

Re: Summa DC4 54" For Sale -Low Hours

Post by BinaD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:17 am

Is Summa DC4 still available for sale

Jengel

Re: Summa DC4 54" For Sale -Low Hours

Post by Jengel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Sorry, sold it.
Summa DC4, Jaguar 24 inch cutter, Corel X3, Illustrator CS2, Macromedia Fireworks