mx graphics questions

Anything goes, sign related or otherwise. Other
manufacturers discussion welcome.

proracermx2

mx graphics questions

Post by proracermx2 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:35 am

newbie here,

well lost my job and figured it was time to do something different. ive been a racer for years and have always been a sticker guy. anyway,,

ive been searching for the right info in what machines i need for this.. and i good place to lease from.

i know what vinyl to use and laminte, but there is so much mis info out there. im so glad i found this forum!.

looking at the roland versaCAMM SP-300i 30" (starting small to get going)

thanks for any suggestions

merry christmas!

proracermx2

TogaTony

Re: mx graphics questions

Post by TogaTony » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 am

Read the post about
"Looking to buy a Summa DC3-4? READ THIS!"
http://www.digital-graphica.com/phpBB3/ ... ?f=2&t=809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forget the Roland.
The Summa DC4 SX is much better.
It's built in BELGIUM, EU not Communist China.
AND it PUNCHES-OUT stickers!

The ribbon sq.ft. charge is higher on the SUMMA BUT:
It always works! Free tech support. And this forum.

Besides, when the profit-cost ratio gets out of whack (like, on big banners), we send the work out to a wholesale print house (big color graphics service bureau):

Sealand Graphics
Bennington VT
877-744-2656

Check them out. They have the new 8ft wide HP UV system, the 10ft wide VuTek and they will resell banners for just a tad over what it costs us to make them. Keep the Summa for all the money making small stuff.
It works for us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tony :-)
Summa DC3+, Ledco Digital 42, Versatec E-Stat, Allen Datagraph & Gerber cutters. Apps: Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop on Mac, ColorControl on PC.

nipisign

Re: mx graphics questions

Post by nipisign » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:47 pm

If your up to it, I may be selling my 19 month old DC4sx. Everything included even the extra unopen ribbons, don't think I used 10 roll so far. If interested you can reach me at nipisign@gmail.com