Need help making a purchase

Anything goes, sign related or otherwise. Other
manufacturers discussion welcome.

lancely

Need help making a purchase

Post by lancely » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi I am really new to the printing industry.... I have a water company that manufactures water treatment equipment in a small town. We have done all or own decals for years using a hp OfficeJet Pro x576dw using printable vinyl and than laminating and hand cutting out decals... we just recently purchased a new building that will need signage and also need to wrap a 2nd Sprinter Van along with another trailer. So I decided that we would buy our own Printer and leaning on the Summa DC5, or DC5sx... Because we are in a small community there is no one around that does print with in 1 1/2hr drive... so I thought I would have my wife start slowly in this industry and try to develop it out her.... I am very torn in the purchase of what size of summa printer we should get. Are these machines identical other than size capabilities, also I am wondering what the true benefit for having a larger dc5 would be as what I see is that the SX can do the same work just need to panel larger projects... I do believe we would be doing a lot of 4x8 advertising boards (for the rink, sports fields etc) can some one give me a little real life guidance. thank you!!

Muts
Site Admin

Re: Need help making a purchase

Post by Muts » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:47 am

If money isn't an issue then go with the bigger one. But you'll need the room and the larger rolls are a bit heavy to move about.

There is a learning curve to it, so do not expect stellar results right away. Make sure you get sample prints so you can judge if this machine is right for you.

~Muts

lancely

Re: Need help making a purchase

Post by lancely » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 am

Ok thanks, for the reply....