saying Hi

Anything goes, sign related or otherwise. Other
manufacturers discussion welcome.

woolly

saying Hi

Post by woolly » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 pm

just saying hello, as i have been reading up quite a bit on the site.

myself and son have a sign business in saltash Cornwall UK and are considering a DX4sx for spot colour work.
i started this game some 20 years ago and presently run roland sc540 pro2 - graphtec 54 cutters - roland pc60 and a couple of a3+ lasers.
over the last year we have been doing more and more MX stuff and would like to use spot colours in our designs which is just not possible with solvent inks.
my pc60 still works well and earns its space and has proved what we want to do.
i have downloaded the user manual and had a quick look through thinks do get a bit complicated don't they.
so some questions if you don't mind.

what depth is one pass of the print head.

how are the spot colour joins in filling larger areas.

as they say the gold and silver are indoor use if laminated ok outdoor.

what is the life expectancy of the head bearing in mind will have no use for the standard summa materials.
i am sure i will think of some more, the uk agents are not to forthcoming with samples and as the machine has very poor sales in the uk support appears poor.

thanks for reading

chris

Muts
Site Admin

Re: saying Hi

Post by Muts » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

what depth is one pass of the print head. - not sure what you mean...

how are the spot colour joins in filling larger areas. - they are slightly overlapped

as they say the gold and silver are indoor use if laminated ok outdoor. - I have had some luck outdoors with only the silver, gold will loose it's gold color becoming silver...

~