Good thing the US and Canadian $$$$$ are even.

Anything goes, sign related or otherwise. Other
manufacturers discussion welcome.

Sabretooth

Good thing the US and Canadian $$$$$ are even.

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 am

Just ordered a print head for my DC4, got a good 4 year run out of it. Summa USA sold me a print head for $1495.00 plus shipping.....just for fun I called my supplier here in Canada and even with the dollar at or above par, they still had the nerve to quote me $4152.00 for the same head.....plus installation.
It goes on......process color foils up here are $250.00 ea.......$159.00 from the Summastore.......... :roll:

Guess where I'm shopping from now on?
Summa DC4 Illustrator CS4 Photoshop CS3, 24 Sharpies and virtually no clue what I'm doing, but having fun doing it......

watchdaride

Re: Good thing the US and Canadian $$$$$ are even.

Post by watchdaride » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 pm

i lived in canada and i left in 1998 to move here to florida. The exchange rate back then was $1.60 can to $1 US . now its like even i think .

Sabretooth

Re: Good thing the US and Canadian $$$$$ are even.

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:46 pm

It's funny how anytime the US dollar gets stronger than the Canadian dollar, my supplier can justify a price increase but whenever things even out they don't seem to find a need to lower their pricing. It's not like that everywhere up here, these guys have a bad reputation of being expensive and about the only time I even contemplate calling them is (was) for Summa parts.
Summa DC4 Illustrator CS4 Photoshop CS3, 24 Sharpies and virtually no clue what I'm doing, but having fun doing it......