Supplier problem

Anything goes, sign related or otherwise. Other
manufacturers discussion welcome.

valtm

Supplier problem

Post by valtm » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi all,

I am located in Canada and have placed an order with Fellers, for some 3M material - polyester and polyester overlam. I do some work for a guy who's a reseller. Back in November he was quoted by Fellers about $1500 for both of these materials (1 roll of each - 27" x 250yds each). In January I agreed to buy this material for him - since I will do the printing; I got a quote from Fellers (about the same amount), and placed the order.

Fellers charged my credit card on February 7th. On February 16th I received the following from Fellers:

"I have a bit of bad news; 3M has miss-quoted the material you have ordered and are very apologetic. They originally quoted me a 1 roll minimum price, but there conversion department has said there is a 2 roll minimum on both rolls."

Even one roll of each is a lot of material (250 yards), but 2! - no way I'm buying 2 rolls of each.

They said that 3M would not change their mind about selling a minimum of 2 rolls each, and offered to refund my credit card, but my customer really wants it - he has also located a Canadian supplier (back in November), but more expensive than Fellers - even with shipping from US and customs fees.

Has anybody else run into this kind of trouble before? Any suggestions?

Muts
Site Admin

Re: Supplier problem

Post by Muts » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am

Fellers...they do have some issues

They should shelve the other roll. That's the right thing to do. All you did was place an order. It's not your mistake.

They are located a few miles from me but I only buy certain things from them...

watchdaride

Post by watchdaride » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm

not sure what part of canada your in but i buy some vinyl from hyatts sign supply . They are located in buffalo NY . If your in Ontario it might be feasible if they sell the film you want.. http://www.hyatts.com .i lived in Toronto for 15 cold years of my life .

valtm

Post by valtm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Muts: That is exactly what I was thinking, but...

watcharide: I live in Ontario (about 45min away from Toronto). Thanks for the info - I will give Hyatts a try.

Update - Fellers aggreed to sell 2 rolls of 125yds of each material at the original quoted price (same quantity for same price), which is exactly what I needed. I'll be waiting for material sometime next week.