Color duplication issues - X3

General discussion related to CorelDRAW!
CorelPHOTOPAINT! etc.
LiquidReality

Color duplication issues - X3

Post by LiquidReality » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm noticing a strange quirk in Corel X3. I have an image that I'm working with that is using Spot colors. The image contains 3 elements. One element is 100% red, one element is 100% black and the last element is 70% black which gives me a nice medium gray. In theory, this should only use 2 spot colors on the DC4. Red and Black. I'm noticing that when I Group the image and copy it to make multiples. (Its a sticker.) Corel converts the 70% Black to 100% Black (1) Which then screws up the print on the DC4 as there is no way in ColorControl that I've found to tell the system that Black (1) is actually 70% Black. If you assign both Black and Black (1) to the black ribbon, the print ends up with both items as 100% black and I don't have the gray that I need. Not to mention making 2 separate passes with the Black ribbon which seems to use more of the ribbon that should be required. Which is not what I'm needing. Am I stuck just manually editing each and every copy from the Black (1) back to 50% Black?

Any thoughts? Its a bit frustrating, and I'm hoping I'm missing something small and easy to fix. :)

Dean

Muts
Site Admin

Re: Color duplication issues - X3

Post by Muts » Fri May 29, 2009 4:46 pm

hmmm I can't reproduce the error in x3.
I have no issues duplicating, step and repeat or copy & paste.

wanna post the file?

LiquidReality

Post by LiquidReality » Fri May 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Here you go. I'm working on a banner for a car club, and we are trying to keep the colors down to keep the cost down for them. Colors should be 100% Tomato Red, 100% Black (1), and 70% Black (1). I grouped, and then cut and pasted a copy directly under the original image, and I get 100% Tomato Red, 100% Black (1), and 100% Black (1) (1).

Corel doesn't seem to alter ANYTHING except the 70% Black (1) (1). The other colors are copied just fine.

Its got me stumped. Thanks for taking a look at it!

(I've attempted to attach the CDR file here. If it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll E-Mail it or post a link on the web)

Dean

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Sun May 31, 2009 11:37 am

.zip or send it

to my email

admin@digital-graphica.com