VB script????

General discussion related to CorelDRAW!
CorelPHOTOPAINT! etc.
knucklehead

VB script????

Post by knucklehead » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:39 am

Just what is the VB script, or whatever it's called? I have an edu. version of X-4, a lot has been said about whether or not it contains the VBA??, it does, it don't, it does, it don't. I don't have any idea what it is, where it is, how to find it, do I need it, will I need it in the future, will it make me a super designer? How would one go about checking to see if it's actually there? Thanks Mike

Muts
Site Admin

Re: VB script????

Post by Muts » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 am

VB Script is a scripting language based on Microsofts Visual Basic Programming language,

It comes with all flavors of corel, and is a necessary part of it's interface. It also let's the user do all kinds of stuff with macros, like crop marks, automated routines like weed boxes and such, ...etc etc..

The only difference between edu and full versions - you CAN NOT upgrade the edu version.

knucklehead

Post by knucklehead » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks Muts, could you tell me how to access it, or where abouts it's located? I'm not really concerned with upgrading, I doubt I have enough years left to master X-4, I haven't actually mastered v12 yet. I decided to purchase the educational X-4 version while I was still a vo-tech student, and had my student credentials, come to find out, they didn't care about any student credentials, all they wanted was a good bank card.

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm

you'll find vb for applications in the installation dialog under one of the things circle below,
sorry can;t remember which and inside corel
tools>macros...to create and edit.
Attachments
corelx42.jpg
corelx42.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
corelx4.jpg
corelx4.jpg (114.88 KiB) Viewed 3458 times