HELP! Size issues.

General discussion related to CorelDRAW!
CorelPHOTOPAINT! etc.
LiquidReality

HELP! Size issues.

Post by LiquidReality » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey there,

I'm totally stumped at this point. I've pulled several graphics to combine them onto a single sheet to output to my DC4. The workspace I have defined is 50" wide by 85" long. All of the images that I've moved to this new file fit inside the "page" outline. The problem is when I go to export as an EPS to send to the DC4, something expands and it ends up telling me that the image is 83" x 86" and it wants to tile it to 2 "pages". When I preview the ripped file it shows half the space totally blank, and then my images on half. Any suggestions? I've tried selecting the empty space in Corel and deleting it, but there doesn't seem to be anything there. I've grouped all the artwork into a single object and copied it into a new file, and it does the same thing. I'm totally stumped at this point. Unfortunately, this is a customer job, and I really need to print it ASAP as I'm scheduled to install it this weekend.

Thanks for any help you all might be able to offer.

Dean

Ruddbow

Re: HELP! Size issues.

Post by Ruddbow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:11 pm

could it be a non converted text block? What are you ganging them altogether in?
Summa S75, DC3+ Hobby signmaker.

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 pm

~Rudd may be on to something..

what does it look like in wire frame view see anything outside the page?

some things to maybe find the cause,

select one graphic on the page and send it...
see if it has issues, do the same for rest of the graphics...

I think there may be something wrong with one of the graphics..

convert it all to a bitmap (crop slightly smaller then the page if possible) and send...what happens?

LiquidReality

Post by LiquidReality » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks for the tips.. :) I had thought it was a phantom bit of white somewhere off the page, and I copied, grouped in Corel and moved them 8 ways to Sunday. Wireframe looked normal. I copied and sent individual images to ColorControl and none of the individual ones caused the problem. it only happened when they were all together. I even reduced the entire image down to 50% to see what would happen, and that double size area was still there..

I managed to get it fixed by changing the EPS export options on the Advanced Tab to "Page" for the bounding box rather than "objects". (Which is odd as I've sent everything else I've done out using the "objects" setting.) It was just one of those exceptionally frustrating sorts of things last night. I was about ready to eat the significant amount of extra material it would have used and print them all individually. Luckily I was able to fix it really early this morning. The run just came off the machine, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for the help, and thanks for the forum. This is a great place for Summa folks. :)

Dean