Ribbon/Banner tutorial Corel X3

General tips and techiques used in various sign/graphic design software. Corel, Flexi etc.
Muts
Site Admin

Ribbon/Banner tutorial Corel X3

Post by Muts » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Ribbon/Banner Effect in Corel x13

Ribbons/Banners are a great way to spice up any sign, logo or truck lettering job & can be used in a lot of different ways. Here we will add some style to the word “TRUCKING”
I suggest all caps for any lettering on a ribbon.

1. I first make a rectangle that completely surrounds "TRUCKING" this will become the “Text Area” of the ribbon. Center everything.

2. Using the Freehand Tool (f5) set smoothing to 100, I quickly scribble a bunch of lines..trial and error here, you want these really smooth.

3. I then take each line and see what they look like against the “Text Area” of my ribbon. Decide which to go with. I chose the top one here for this example.

4. Once you are satisfied we are ready to extrude your line
Select your line and click extrude under the “Effects” menu. You can just eyeball this. We will clean up things later.

Select the extrusion and break it apart from the line, then delete the line.Select the extrusion again and un-group it.

5. We can now add some color. Hmmm something isn’t right... Parts of the ribbon need to be moved forward. Select the 2 pieces touching to the “Text Area” and bring them to front, you may have to play with the depth on the rest of the ribbon.

6. Now that we have the basic ribbon pieces we will need a set for the other side. “Control-D” to duplicate.
Then flip it horizontally - (Holding the “Control” key grab the left middle node and drag right)

7. Putting it all together. Select the parts of our ribbon that touch the “Text Area” and weld them. A little clean up to smooth those connections and you’ re done!

Finished -

Spruced up. :) All the effects done below were all done in CorelDRAW13. All
vectors with the only exception being the shadow under "TRUCKING"

~Muts

luffybods

Re: Ribbon/Banner tutorial Corel X3

Post by luffybods » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am

nice tutorials about this kind of banner in corel x3 , amazing..

rohona

Post by rohona » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 am

Why doesn't the colour pallet in Corel Draw X3 work properly? I keep trying to change the colours of different objects and nothing ever happens when I try to. It's like the computer just ignores me.

Jodi

Post by Jodi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Muts!

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge on this portal.
You have a knack for teaching this stuff! I appreciate all your efforts
and hope you continue to send these tutorials our way!!

Jodi :)

JR's

Post by JR's » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks

looks real cool, dus it print that nice on the Summa

JR