Some work, some recent, some not...

Show off your stuff. Describe techniques & materials used to create and apply. Time involved. Final thoughts on completed work.
Muts
Site Admin

Some work, some recent, some not...

Post by Muts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Lorco Bulk! cmyk, 30 ellipse, Summa HP, designed in Corel and outputed with Summa
Color Control. Laminated Avery A9 and contour cut. No layers except the "lorco rectangle" ( on the cab doors) - that's nikkalite reflective also printed with Summa DC3.

Simple Magnetics utilizing Summa Spots, - Intense red, grey( looks white) and black.

Cooky Cuccaro! Completely printed and contour cut on the DC3 no lam. CMYK 35 Ellipse.
Designed in Corel and printed from Color Control. Gotta love summa's process red, nothing brighter. No colored vinyl.

My van! Very first thing I did after trading my Summa Chrome in for the DC3, Galaxy is off the Hubble Telescope website, my airbrush, my brushes....designed in both corel and flexi, ripped from flexi CMY.

Look at that awful seam!...

perf? bah who neeeds windows straight printed vinyl over them....

Summa HP vinyl, laminated with Avery A6...funny thing I printed stuff for the sides of the van on my Summa Chrome, and never installed them - the prints are still rolled up just sittin' since....I have new plans for the van and will be removing this soon figured I get a shot... :)

~Muts

Ruddbow

Re: Some work, some recent, some not...

Post by Ruddbow » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 pm

never disappoint me Muts. Great looking stuff.
Summa S75, DC3+ Hobby signmaker.

LoungeLover

Re: Some work, some recent, some not...

Post by LoungeLover » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I agree, this is nice stuff Muts! :wink: Allow me to ask, where did you learn to use your DC or is what you know all self-taught?

I wished I could at least have an 8-hour day long class of "Summa D75-R 101" taught by a Summa tech. I'm teaching myself to use my cutter (as probably 99% of owners) but I know there are things I do not know about this cutter and don't know that I should be asking those things. I am using my manual as well (the one from the Belgium site given it contains much more info than the printed one). But, there are some setting details in the manual that are confusing to understand.

The most frustrating thing I'm finding is not knowing general expectations and things that will be encountered using any brand of cutter.

For example, every material does not use the same settings to get a cut thus requiring constant testing (and sometimes, wasting of material unnecessarily). Or, another one is, the cutter will not always track perfectly and what do you do when it does not? Or, when you get a strange type of cut, when setting(s) should you tweak to improve it and not just arbitrarily change settings that may not help the strange cut?

Sorry to ramble and get off topic....Again, great graphics you have here.

LL
-
LoungeLover