My First DC3+ Window

Show off your stuff. Describe techniques & materials used to create and apply. Time involved. Final thoughts on completed work.
Skeezix

My First DC3+ Window

Post by Skeezix » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:21 pm

So here is my first large format window. Customer supplied the art ( wish I could say I drew it ) and we installed as the sun was setting on a very hot July 8th in Danville, California. I am not very experienced at installs and this went flawlessly! =whew= The business owner stopped by and was so happy she ordered additional 'Parking Reserved' signs. I was also smart enough to have business cards in my 'install box' - former fishing tackle box and sure enough a nice lady took one. The location is a quite mostly high end boutique shops with lost of pedestrian pass by.
the belly on me and gray hair are a visual error due to the internet please ignore them :lol:

cyberdine

Post by cyberdine » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:01 am

Looks good Skeezix.

Now, aren't you going to tell us how you printed this job??? what vinyl, CMYK?
frequency etc...is image vector or bitmap?
Keep it up,

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:07 pm

excellent, contour looks pretty clean too.

Yes I 'd like to see what settings, vinyl etc........

Ruddbow

awesome

Post by Ruddbow » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:53 pm

5 stars! let's here the details.

Skeezix

Post by Skeezix » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Back from Vacation
CMYK from an eps file created from the shop owner's jpeg. I am using Adobe CS 2 and this was a rush (aren't they all) so I installed and hand cut the contour. Later I discovered the Contour path in the Dura Chrome Swatch but still haven't quite figured out how to contour an embedded jpeg....
The vinyl was in the machine when we bought it - yep really winging it and the smartest thing I did was read and post here about how to do a proper cleaning of the DC3 and the manual was helpful too :D :D