Show your "T...

Show off your stuff. Describe techniques & materials used to create and apply. Time involved. Final thoughts on completed work.
Ruddbow

Show your "T...

Post by Ruddbow » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:38 pm

c'mon, Show your shop tables.
Image[/img]

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:30 pm

ooooffff those are NICE! :D Tops stainless? Aluminum?

Ruddbow

information

Post by Ruddbow » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:38 pm

the frame supports are aluminum, the tops are 2-.625 OSB with galvanized steel for the top and for the shelf. 2 wheels swivel, 2 do not. I also made them the same height as my NuArc light table so total length is 20'. I also screwed some shower bins (the ones with the suction cups) to the fronts for storage of Olfa, squegees, etc etc. Makes EVERYTHING EASIER. A good table is vital.

cyberdine

Post by cyberdine » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi Rud, did you make those tables yourself? they're quite nice.
I've looked over the internet for the brand "Jethro's" but didn't find anything.
Are they welded or screwed together?
I am just about to finish converting my garage into my workshop, so I'll need to think something about tables.
Thanks,

Ruddbow

Sorry

Post by Ruddbow » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:20 am

they are "one of a kinds". Very simple design. They are welded. I have $350 in both tables and that is wholesale cost of materials, no labor. I rarely get good deals on anything but these I did. If you have a local metal fabricator I am confident they could handle this task. I can take additional pics if you need a better reference. Jethro is a friend of mine, I just slapped a sticker on them because I was so grateful he built them for me.

cyberdine

Post by cyberdine » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:18 am

Hi Rud, If you could get some extra pictures it would be great. I hope to have my shop ready in a month or so and good tables will come in handy.
Thahks again for your help.

Alex