little blank spots when printing

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
beachnsled

Re: little blank spots when printing

Post by beachnsled » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:08 pm

wild! Floor wax!

I think I will invest in a good set of these paint markers for sure. I find that Sharpie brand is too thin to cover even the smalles of spots - plus, the colors are barely passable. sled (I am beach - he is sled! lol) was commissioned to paint a mural for a little girl's room - that's what he used & even after nearly 5 yrs, the mural looks like it was painted yesterday. Weird how I didn't even think to use them for the summa prints.

I wonder how often folks use this site - while visiting Summa in Mass, we were talking about how this is really the only place on-line to find any info & current users of Summa printers. The guys mentioned how everyone on here is VERY well versed in all things related!

RA-Graphics

Post by RA-Graphics » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm having this same issue. Yes, Density problem. Can occur even if you are using the same material over and over again.

Always seems to happen with Black Ribbon than any other color.

I've also taped Half Strip of Bounce Sheets on each end (back of the machine) so that it touches the corner of material to reduce static. Building where the machine is has lots of windows and I can't stick the machine in the center of the floor. This has drastically, reduced the white dust spots.
Attachments
On both side of the film edge.  I've also put the machine on rubber mats to reduce static.
On both side of the film edge. I've also put the machine on rubber mats to reduce static.
bounce.jpg (273.7 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Last edited by RA-Graphics on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TogaTony

Post by TogaTony » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Where exactly are you placing the 'Bounce' fabric softener sheets?
Can you send a photo?
THX!
Summa DC3+, Ledco Digital 42, Versatec E-Stat, Allen Datagraph & Gerber cutters. Apps: Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop on Mac, ColorControl on PC.