SGIA 06

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
rewarder

SGIA 06

Post by rewarder » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:39 am

Anybody going to be at SGIA in Las Vegas at the end of the month? I will be there for the entire show. Is there any questions you guys want me to bring up to the manufacturers? I'm going to TRY to get some answers from the vinyl guys and maybe track down a banner material that we can put in the DC3.

Also, Muts I was the one who started the yahoo group. Do you want the user name and password? I'm only interested in going to this forum instead the yahoo one. Maybe you could direct future DC3 owners to this site. Let me know.

Hunter Anderson
Plan B Decals

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:07 pm

pm for ya Hunter :D

I would love to see that banner material.... I have my doubts though.
Is Summa going to be there? I would imagine right?

here is the sgia site...sgia
didn't have time to look around it though...

Muts

rewarder

Post by rewarder » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:40 pm

Everybody at SGIA thought I was crazy. Not many people/vinyl companies are familiar with the Summa or Thermal printing for that matter but they went ahead and gave me misinformation anyway. :roll: Incredible! Anyway, I could not find any banner material. But I did find a variety of vinyl that is compatible with the summa. Oracal has a bunch of vinyl that is compatible with the summa. If you get a Oracal swatch book they will have listed which of the vinyls are compatible. Oracal 341 works well. Also they have a vehicle wrap material that is compatible with the summa.

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm

If you get a Oracal swatch book they will have listed which of the vinyls are compatible.
Excellent info!

Yea I have been to those shows and the misinformation is crazy.
Also they have a vehicle wrap material that is compatible with the summa.
appreciate the info! Looking into it.

~Muts