XY calibration can someone help

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
srevere51

XY calibration can someone help

Post by srevere51 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:57 pm

I have not used my DC4sx in some time. I have two issues I hope someone can help me with. The DC4sx had the Calibrations for the X and Y along with the comp X and Y changed to zero by my nephew. I have done about 10 print cut calibrations and it is still about 3 inches below and two to the left. Does anyone have settings that might be able to help me get closer?

He did this because the unit is starting to print in the center of the vinyl and not at the left edge. It is only printing a portion of the full image. I am making small decals and never had a problem with this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

:cry:

PhilJohnson

Re: XY calibration can someone help

Post by PhilJohnson » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Good afternoon,

I am just now seeing your post but I hope my reply helps you get everything dialed back in. The easiest way to get the print cut alignment back close to the correct settings is to change the media profile(pick any one you haven't used since running the print & cut calibration) and then launch printer control in service mode(hold down the shift key when launching the program to unlock the "service" tab). Click on the service tab and scroll down until you find the PCx and PCy(print cut x-axis and print cut y-axis) values, which should be a 3-5 digit value and write them down. Once you have the values change back to the previous media profile that was having the issues and launch printer control again in service mode. Scroll down to the same values you checked on the other profile and enter in the two that you copied from the other profile. Once that is complete go ahead and run another print and cut calibration and the cut numbers should be within the correct range to calibrate everything.

Feel free to contact our support team at (800)323-9766 if you have any difficulties doing the above process and they can walk you through it over the phone.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com