Help with printing quality on the Summa DC4SX issues

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
tenold

Help with printing quality on the Summa DC4SX issues

Post by tenold » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello!
First of all i am very very happy for this forum, it has helped me a lot with questions and tips for me as a new user of the Summa DC4 SX

Here are some concerns/issues/Questions i have and hope someone can help me with:

I am using Fleisign 12
I am NOT using or have the Usb dongle for Summa color control...

OK the issues are on using both White and Clear Oracal 651 for example.

1. When i print there was white small dots, i cleaned the machine but still i dont think the prints are sharp enough.

2. Spot colors work fine, just printing the black sticker for example looks stunning. But lets say i print a flag with 3-4 colours its not totally sharp.

3. Photos look even worse

I have setup Flexi12 with SummaDC4sx setting. The machine using 13.000 destiny and double dot, I used lower but best result at 13.000
Is the machine ment for printing photos to use on stickers? I am totaly new to the machine so any tips and trix will help.

So what is a "must or nice to do" when setting up the machine in flexi? What settings? Must i use ICC color profiles etc?

Hope you can help

DecalDude

Re: Help with printing quality on the Summa DC4SX issues

Post by DecalDude » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Process colors are the Achilles heel. There are a few tricks of the trade you can use to achieve the desired results.

1. use all spots
2. make sure when you use process, they are above 70% of each amount in the color requirements.
3. turn the screening up
4. double dot, double density.
5. density high enough to make good bond.

tenold

Re: Help with printing quality on the Summa DC4SX issues

Post by tenold » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

Hi!
Thanks for your input, i am very happy for your help.

1. Spots ok
2. In your response you write "they are above 70% of each amount in the color requirements." As a new person into this i dont understand what you mean?
Is this a setting i can see in my program for printing.. i am sorry for asking maybe a stupid question.

3. Screening, what do you mean here? Doble dot. high destinty but screening?

4. ok

5 ok

Once again a big thanks for taking your time to help