Heavy Y axis

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
Stickyjack

Heavy Y axis

Post by Stickyjack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

I bought a used DC5, worked great but now it stops occasionally in front of the 4th cassette and error says Heavy Y axis. What can I do to correct this?

PhilJohnson

Re: Heavy Y axis

Post by PhilJohnson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Stickyjack,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your machine. I personally haven't seen that error message before and when I discussed the situation with one of our senior techs who has been with Summa for 15 years and he hasn't seen that error message earlier. They suggested contacting them directly to try and determine the issue and get everything fixed. The number for our tech team is (800)323-9766 and they are available from 8am-8pm eastern time Monday through Friday.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Stickyjack

Post by Stickyjack » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:07 pm

I changed media and recalibrated everything, seems to be working good, Thanks. I am using orocal 651 in the machine. is that an acceptable media?

PhilJohnson

Post by PhilJohnson » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Stickyjack,

That is great to hear that you were able to get everything back up and running. As for the 651, that really isn't a print media so I would suggest finding another Oracal product to print on if you would like to stick with that brand. The Oracal 751 cast vinyl might be a good place to start. Feel free to contact me via email at philj@summa.us if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.