Alignment issue

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
antimatter

Alignment issue

Post by antimatter » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:44 am

Hi All

Having an issue with my DC4 SX with the alignment of the vinyl. Every print I have to calibrate the line feed, if not then a line appears within the next 2nd-3rd print pass. Getting fed up with wasting so much material. I don't change the media very often.

Does anyone else have to calibrate every print?

Does anyone know how to put the printer into service mode?

I have contacted Summa Europe several times and not getting any answers. This seems strange as before they would contact me within a day and were fantastic, now no answer.

Thanks

Kevin

antimatter

Re: Alignment issue

Post by antimatter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:11 pm

No one home?

Okay I have found the issue so I'll posted it up for everyone else.

Kevin

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Summa I think is done with their printers. My DC3 is now a 700 lb paper weight.

I have even had issues getting GOOD support for their cutters now.

Sad..

PhilJohnson

Post by PhilJohnson » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi Muts,

We(Airmark) sold our stake in Summa but we still offer all the ribbons and additional parts for the Summa DC printers, including your DC3. If you recently contacted Summa to troubleshoot a cutter then it likely wasn't us, but I can assure you if you contact us we will provide the best support possible for both your Summa printer and your cutter. Feel free to contact me directly via email at philj@airmark.com or by phone at (800)527-7778, ext 112 and I would be happy to help however I can.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation