Summa "Could Not Sense Media Width"

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
Sooz1972

Summa "Could Not Sense Media Width"

Post by Sooz1972 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm having trouble printing on to fluorescent green material. I remember having this problem a few years ago, and I had talked to someone at Summa support and had to change some settings or maybe do something with the vinyl itself, but of course I can't find my notes now. When I put the roll in, it goes all crooked and out of whack then comes up with "Could Not Sense Media Width" error and "Fatal Error: Drum left (x-axis) current protection) error and I have to shut it down.

Any ideas on what settings would help? I'm just printing black ink and changed my markers to black instead of cyan. I can't seem to get a call back from Summa again.

Thanks!
Suzanne

parker

Re: Summa "Could Not Sense Media Width"

Post by parker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:53 am

not sure about the media going crooked but with green i think the sensor has trouble, i cut a piece of white and stick it over the green on level with the edge so the sensor can pick the edge up and calibrate

PhilJohnson

Re: Summa "Could Not Sense Media Width"

Post by PhilJohnson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:25 pm

The tape trick should work, but alternatively you could set your media edge to "0". Just launch printer control, scroll down to media edge and then change the value to "0". When you do this the printer will prompt you manually select the width of your media and then you can go ahead and proceed with the linefeed calibration test. This same method can also be used with clear materials where the sensor cannot detect the media edge.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.