Signlab 9.1 and Summa DC#4

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
wakeshredder

Signlab 9.1 and Summa DC#4

Post by wakeshredder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 am

Hello! I just got a used Summa DC4 for a really great price. The machine is clean! It came with a copy of Signlab 9.1 Print and Cut. I am very familiar with common RIP's like Onyx, Caldera, ColorGate and so on. I am also very familiar with inkjet large format. I am NOT familiar at all with printing to the thermal Summa, and I am NOT familiar with Signlab or Visual Production Manager. I've got the machine installed and it does print. I need a swatch book for my Illustrator CC that will work with Summa spots through Signlab. I also need to figure out why, when I send my file to "Print and Cut", the job prints and then cuts on the material behind the print. It doesn't read the marks and cut, just cuts out the patterns on blank vinyl... I'm sure its something dumb, but any advice would be much appreciated :wink:

Muts
Site Admin

Re: Signlab 9.1 and Summa DC#4

Post by Muts » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Can't help you with signlab, you'll want to maybe contact zlmark I believe he is still active here.

You should go through the whole machine and calibrate/clean everything. Did you get a manual?

wakeshredder

Post by wakeshredder » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:36 pm

I did go through and clean her up. I've tried everything I can think of. No luck on print and cut. It just prints and cuts the vinyl after the print. Does't even try to register the cut... bummed

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I do not know anything about signlab to help you.

In Corel the contour cut is setup with a spot color.

wakeshredder

Post by wakeshredder » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:47 pm

I got the print and cut working. It turns out that there was a "bug" with the driver. Cadlink got it all fixed for me ;) now I need to find out how to send prints with a double white under-layer.