Summa DC4sx purchase

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
tayl284

Summa DC4sx purchase

Post by tayl284 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Hey Guys/Girls

I have been a lurker on this site for quite some time now, just doing research and gathering knowledge, really seems like a great site.. With some nice helpful people :D

I'm in the midst of starting my own graphics company, I'm focusing on motocross graphics right now (have found lots of info on that subject here on this forum btw!) so I'm looking for a DC4/DC4sx for now, and going to purchase an inkjet down the road. I'm just subbing out that large format stuff and inkjet suited artwork with a local sign company who I have a great relationship with.

Weighing out the pros/cons it seems that for motocross graphics I would be best suited to purchase a used DC4sx or a DC4, and for the most part my graphics are straight colours I don't use much gradient with mx graphics. I choose the Summa over the Gerber for the extra width. THOUGH one thing that keeps popping up as I search Summa reviews/posts on the internet. A lot of people seem to have that nice banding/overlapping line on the images over 4" in width. Can somebody explain this to me please. This kind of worries me, and I am just wondering from experience, is this something to be expected? are people blowing this topic out of proportion? Or is this just a basic finicky machine setup thing that people are not willing to spend time on to figure out? I do have patients and will work with the machine to make sure I get it set up nicely.

Was wondering your thoughts on this, is it just nothing to worry about...something I can design around?

Any thoughts and suggestions will be taken into consideration, but I feel like I'm in the right direction for motocross/offroad graphic production. It's a busy field, but it's something I can do on the side for now and it's something I enjoy doing for friends and local people here.

Thanks, Taylor