Double print the same color

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
antimatter

Double print the same color

Post by antimatter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:14 am

Hi

Maybe asking a stupid question, but how do I print the same color twice. I have a dark colored vinyl that I want a strong white printed on and the white needs another coat as its a little transparent (a bit little gray).

I'm using corel x4 and color control.

Thanks

Muts
Site Admin

Re: Double print the same color

Post by Muts » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am

couple of ways

make a copy directly on top and choose overprint in corel

or use cc and a primer pass you'll have to choose the ribbon #

antimatter

Post by antimatter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 am

Brilliant, thanks Muts. I did try the corel over fill method with 2 identical shapes over the top of one another, but the DC still only printed once.

I'll the color control method.

Thanks

Muts
Site Admin

Post by Muts » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 am

in corel you have to set 1 color to "OVERPRINT"

corel menu ->

edit -> overprint fill

MykalSpencer

Post by MykalSpencer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 pm

In Summa Printer Control there is a double pass command you enter in the send file box(the yellow box at the top). There are 2 files used;
File #1 commands the double pass to be turned on or enter the other file#2 to turn the double pass off back to the default single pass setting for your next job. Supplied by Summa tech support through my dealer. It works well for static cling window graphics and clear vinyl I was doing or maybe backlit signs that require more color build...double the ribbon cost that's the downside! I have the files if anyone needs them, just contact me here and I'll send them to you.

Mike

wex

Post by wex » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:30 am

Last week I asked the file to Mike (MykalSpencer) and I tested it. The tests I have made seem to be amazing, at least for transparent media (the one I have tried some samples into). In the display of the DC it is shown just the number of passes the DC should print in single pass mode, no matter if the doblepass file is loaded into the machine. But it prints twice the same color. The result of the print is little bit different color, which makes the print more 'full' of color. I have tried it for just 9.8 mm prints, so, I don't know if so many layers of ribbon will affect in more banding.

Thanks a lot Mike for the tip and files.

deere

Post by deere » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Any chance somebody can send me the file. I would love to try this. Thanks

MykalSpencer

Post by MykalSpencer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:37 am

There are certain applications where a double pass is necessary for instance on static cling or other clear vinyl to make the color more opaque... it is possible to reduce the quality of print for example in a bitmap, but I can't see this being a factor in a vector, experiment with all examples till you get something acceptable.

Mike