Summa DC4sx as plotter

This group is for Summa Printers & Plotters. Questions and issues, advice on all things Summa.
De_Grad

Summa DC4sx as plotter

Post by De_Grad » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 am

The question is - is it possible to print some stickers on any other machine - solvent for example, then put this printed material in summa DC4sx an use its diecut or halfcut function for this sticker ? And, if it`s possible, than another question - befor cutting,- can DC4sx print anything upon this sticker (add some extra mirror colour in left spaces) ? Other words - can DC4sx be used not as printer with cutting function, but just as cutter using prints made on other printers - and if it`s poissible, can You give some tuttorial - step by step - I`ve never been working with registration marks and that`s why I just do not know where to start..

Rrated

Re: Summa DC4sx as plotter

Post by Rrated » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 pm

If you go to there web site they have a manuel for it i have been reading . I have used mine a few times just to cut but they say its not for just cutting . I think they say the auto roller for the vinyl dosnt move to unroll the material .

De_Grad

Post by De_Grad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 am

Yes - I know it`s worth just for cutting - but what I`m asking for is - can DC4sx 1) read registration marks printed on solvent printer,
2) print mirror ribbon in spaces left for it and 3) after points 1 and 2 - cut correctly all this print..

danielo

Post by danielo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 am

Did you get an answer to this as I'm looking to do the same thing?

De_Grad

Post by De_Grad » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 am

danielo wrote:Did you get an answer to this as I'm looking to do the same thing?
No - actualy I didn`t..

MykalSpencer

Post by MykalSpencer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am

In the Summa manual they say the auto roller for the vinyl doesn't move to unroll the material. Muts has suggested to me to use the OPUS marks for cutting after laminating for automotive or outside graphics that need extra protection. I'm in the process of figuring this out myself. Perhaps this could be used in your case. I know with my DC4sx if I want to cut stencils for spraymask I just design the graphic with a small print outline and cut it away with the weed. You still have to print something in other words along with the registration marks. Of course there is the cost of ribbon waste to consider.

Mike